Patrol Roster 2021/22
This will be uploaded as soon as it has been finalised
It is your responsibility to ensure you are proficient for patrol. If you did not do a proficiency before December 31st 2020 then you need to do one before you can patrol in 2021. If you want to patrol or compete in 2021
then you must have done your proficiency before 31st December 2021.
- Ensure you have your full patrol uniform including your cap.
- Sunscreen is available in the trailer or you can bring your own.
- Lunch is provided free of charge by the OB Kiosk (with thanks to Cheryl) to rostered patrolling members and subs. It is not free for “voluntary” or “make-up” members. Your patrol captain can arrange the order. You can have a bottle of water or soft drink, and a choice of salad sandwich, chips, or egg and bacon roll. Special dietary requirements on request.
- Radios are there to be used. Captains should monitor channels 2 and 3. All non-emergency patrol communications (eg. roving) should be on channel 2. Take a radio whenever you leave the patrol.
- Stay well hydrated. Drink plenty of water.
- Training for surf sports is not allowed when on patrol. Plan ahead and discuss your patrol commitments with your coach.
- Please look after our club equipment and don’t drag the boards.
- Remember the patrol captain is in charge, so make sure you introduce yourself if you are joining a different team for the day. Also let them know if you need to leave the patrol – they need to know where you are so they can call on you at any time.
Finding a sub
Remember it is your responsibility to find a sub if you can’t attend a patrol. Start by asking people personally, then try using our OB Member Facebook page. If you still can’t find someone, contact your patrol captain for more help. The Manager of Rescue Services (Natalie Tucker) and Director of Lifesaving (Katie Dixon) can be contacted if all else fails, but please make an effort first.
If you are a competitor, it is important to be aware of all the competition requirements for patrols. Check out SLSC policy 5.4 for more info, and have a browse through our club regulations and constitution on the members page.